Productivity, vitality, well-being, and connection. I believe that personal well-being and professional vitality is more important than productivity, but also that creating our most meaningful work and connecting with others keeps us vital.
- PhD, Rhetoric and Professional Communication
- Director of the Office of Faculty Professional Development, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Previously tenured professor with 17 years of experience teaching undergraduates
- Certified Scrum Master and design thinking workshop facilitator with 100+ hours training and experience
- ACC-certified coach with the International Coaching Federation
- Experienced faculty development professional, speaker, and facilitator working with high-achieving mid-career faculty on productivity, project management, stress/burnout, professional writing, effective teaching, and career development and transformation.
Author, Unraveling Faculty Burnout: Pathways to Reckoning and Renewal, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2022
Host, the agile academic podcast for women in higher ed
Author, Agile Faculty: Practical Strategies for Managing Research, Service, and Teaching, University of Chicago Press, 2017
Co-editor with William Moner and Phillip Motley, Redesigning Liberal Education: Innovative Design for a Twenty-First-Century Undergraduate Education, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2020